5th IUT Symposium
The EFCE Working Party on Thermodynamics and Transport Properties aims at promoting synergies between industrial and academic research. To that end, the Industrial Use of Thermodynamics (IUT) symposia have been established since 2012. The objective is to promote exchange on topics that has been identified as important for industrial applications. Often, a round-table discussion is proposed to allow for an open discussion on a well-defined topic.
- IUT1: InMoTher (Industrial use of Molecular Thermodynamics) was held in Lyon, France, in March 2012 with proceedings being published in OGST. On this occasion, a round table discussion was held focusing on the respective needs of industrial users, vendors and academics.
- IUT2 was held in conjunction with the 27th European Seminar on Applied Thermodynamics (ESAT) in Eindhoven, July 2014. It was concluded with a new round table discussion on needs for innovation as seen by industry.
- IUT3 was held during the tenth European Congress of Chemical Engineering (ECCE10) in Nice, France, September 2015. It comprised 5 sessions, including a round table discussion on the use of thermodynamics for energy efficiency.
- IUT 4 was a joined effort with the working party on Separation Processes, held during the tenth World Congress of Chemical Engineering in Barcelona, October 2017, and focused on data quality and assessment, validation methods and error propagation.
- IUT5 is to be held in conjunction with the 31st European Seminar on Applied Thermodynamics in Paris, in June 2020. The focus will be on electrolyte thermodynamics in industry.